Monday 1 May 2017

OUGD602: Personal Branding - Level 5

Within my Level 5 Design Strategy presentation I picked up on this image which I felt powerfully articulated my approach to personal branding, that where I am now as a designer  will change as I develop both personally and creatively, this took away the pressure of designing an identity that needs to stand the test of time, instead I chose to design an identity that encapsulated me as a designer at present taking into account when my creative style evolves I can re-brand myself to better suit this. 


Based on this I created a typographic identity I took a base typeface of Brandon Grotesque and created an interesting visual arrangement. Developing this I liquified the type to inject a feeling of movement into the logomark in order to remove some of the digital rigidity of the typeface and evoke a humanist detailing within its aesthetic. I was happy with the outcome of this identity development and felt it encapsulated me as a designer appositely, Branding myself simply as 'Rhys' plays to the unusual spelling of my name and feels minimal and uncomplicated which is an element I try to incorporate into my creative practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment