Monday 1 May 2017

OUGD602: Personal Branding - Website // Inspiration page

Analysing a range of websites from practising design studios I admire within my practice I was most engaged by the websites that included blogs within their navigation, I found this particularly interesting as it shows what inspires the studio who creates examples of Graphic Design I love, By association this provides extended inspiration and allows more of a personal connection with the studio. 

Over the past two years I have curated a design blog that is used solely for my own personal inspiration, It functions as a means to engage with contemporary design trends and new industry work, I scroll through in my spare time re-blog good maples of design so when I am stuck within the design process I can revert back to my blog that has become an extensive online catalogue of the type of design that inspires me creatively. I felt it appropriate to include this within my website so the user can better understand my design process. This creates a more personal encounter and can feed particularly well into networking as this could identify commonalities that can function as ice breakers. It also presents opportunity for potential clients to see the type of design I am inspired by and will help them get a better feel for my practice when deciding if they want to work with me. 

I really enjoy creating the blog and is something I will continue to do after university as it constantly inspires new creative directions and allows me to keep up to date with the contemporary practice of Graphic Design



No comments:

Post a Comment