Monday 1 May 2017

OUGD602: Personal Branding - Brand Refresh

Developing my brand into level 6 I was surprised at how many compliments I received regarding my logo, this came from tutors, external practitioners, social media and was commented on positively within my postgraduate study interview. Based on this response to my personal identity I felt no need to change it just yet as it clearly engages my target audience and I feel it is still reflective of my practice. 

My level 5 brand proposal was relatively naive in terms of a professional identity so I chose to update this element of my brand within level 6 creating a set of brand guidelines however with the brand being personal I felt it wasn't relative to create an extensive brand guidelines document as it will be only me working with the identity and doesn't need to be understood by a full creative team like with corporate identities. Instead I chose to create a summative document as a poster that gives a basic outline as to the style of my identity to get a snapshot of how this is present across all branded collateral. 

I updated my selection of typefaces from Level 5 to include Karla as my predominant body font, this works appropriately as its geometric skeleton looks great across print and digital platforms. I chose Stanley Poster for a display typeface as it is contemporary bold and engaging, it complements karla well and will work well within my portfolio. Developing a colour palette for my identity I opted for a strong swatch as the bulk of my branding is black and white, I actively incorporate colour into my practice particularly pastels therefore is appropriate to include within the identity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment