Monday 1 May 2017

OUGD602: Personal Branding - Website // Landing page

Through primary research into studio websites I identified a nice touch within these website's was to include a landing page as a preview to their work, this acts as welcome to engage the user before throwing them straight in to see the work. Exploring how I could create an exciting landing page that would instantly engage the user was initially difficult to visualise. I trailed a range of initial ideas including this examples which plays on the button 'take a look' and is juxtaposed with the site name 'made by rhys' the use of my hands evokes humanist connotations and the googly eyes provides analogue layers to the digital platform which demonstrating I do not take myself to seriously. Reflecting back on this I like the concept of how the imagery works with the button to engage the user however was unsure on the aesthetic. 


Utilising the platform and understanding the difference between a printed portfolio and digital site was important as within this digital space I could freely incorporate moving image, I established this would be effective for the landing page to engage the consumer and not have them land on a flat image. I chose a more subtle design direction that plays with colour as I like to embed this holistically within my practice. Having a limited experience with after effects I taught myself through youtube tutorial and peer learning to create a looping gradient effect that works appropriately to reflect me as a designer, always changing direction and evolving. This further promotes to clients I can work digitally with moving image as well as producing high quality print based resolutions. 



I was really happy with the outcome of this video, especially due to my limited experience of the software, I think it provides an appropriate first glance to my practice and a great first impression which provides the user with a more immersive experience within the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment