Tuesday 1 March 2016

OUGD502 - Studio Exploration - Love

OUGD502 - Studio Exploration - Love 

As well as documenting my current design inspirations on my tumblr page, I also feel its crucial to keep up to date with contemporary studio works that focus on more client based projects and solutions as opposed to the visual culture and aesthetic I document via tumblr. One particular campaign that I found particularly engaging was a brief for Moet et Chandon developed by Manchester Studio LOVE. Small in size but large in stature winning a D&AD yellow pencil for their series of beautifully illustrated whiskey bottles and developing an impressive ever-growing client list that surpasses the expectations of a small studio based up north. 


The particular campaign that caught my eye was for Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial, the first and only champagne especially created to be enjoyed over ice. I loved the refreshingly playful response to the brief which is somewhat unusual for a premium drinks brands such as Moet who would typically opt for a more revered luxurious aesthetic, However this playful creativity creates a more engaging and personable campaign that ultimately attributed to the success of the product demonstrating how the studio fused the luxurious brand image with a strong playful campaign to create a memorable campaign that engaged the target audience and harnessed the feel good summer vibe. 





This campaign to me highlights the studios creative abilities subverting generic conventions, and not being afraid to take the brand in different directions than its used to, in result creating a bold engaging campaign that saw the brand being seen in new lights by both consumer and trade. “It’s a small team, but you can rely on everyone in here for good ideas – and good fun,” explains senior designer Rory Sutherland which is the sort of studio atmosphere that I would be looking for when I start to think about professional placements/employment. Due to its close proximity to Leeds I can identify Love as a great studio to stat an open dialogue with in the hope of studio visits and placements as I begin to transition into level 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment