Tuesday 1 March 2016

OUGD502 - R&R

OUGD502 - R&R


Spending time with my family in australia gave me great cultural insight and I feel has certainly inspired me therefore affected my practice. I received a surprise email form my Australian Cousin saying she was planning to visit the UK and managed to spend a full week with her during one of the independent interview weeks. This gave me a well deserved break as I had been working really hard coming up to the first level 5 deadline and looming deadlines to come. It was great to be able to explore Yorkshire as since been a student ive rarely ventured out of the city centre. I got chance to be a tour guide showing her around the hotspots of Leeds, we also got out of the city visiting, Ilkley, York and Harrogate. It was really good to get out of the busy city and walk Ilkley Moor which gave me a great sense of Yorkshire as well as being  out in the fresh air. York surprised me as to how small it was and educated me about its Roman origins which I took a sense of design inspiration/appreciation from the period. 

It was really nice to take little bit of time out graphic design everyday and have chance to explore my student surroundings from a tourist point of view which left me relaxed and inspired to being design again having had a nice break full of new experiences, great food and good company. 



No comments:

Post a Comment