Tuesday 15 March 2016

OUGD502: Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report: Creative Report

OUGD502 Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report

Creative Report

Having successfully created an engaging output for my creative report I wanted to add a sense of further context considering the aspects of distribution. I proposed my set of prints reflects the key inspirations I took from my investigation into Ben Biondo, his place within the industry and his practice. If I plan to sell these prints commercially I felt it would be a nice touch to include a copy of the interview with the prints therefore the audience can read the interview and see how this is translated into the graphic print output. 



I started developing the aesthetic for this, I wanted a clean minimal aesthetic that was low on production costs as its given away freely with the prints and remained relatively informal. I chose an A6 scale as this worked well in conjunction with the prints and kept the publication to a handout size. This should its application in further environments such as an exhibition where the audience can take the publication as a handout to learn more about the pieces context. I used courier for the body copy as the serif felt more personal and better communicated the conversational context, this is extended by the questions justified to the right and the responses justified to the left. This is representative of digital communication such as email and social networking thus making the format familiar and relatable to an audience. 


From the development and feedback I found I needed to include small pieces of information such as Ben's contact details within the article so an audience would learn more abut him and see examples of his work, I developed a half cover with the title at the top to add the aesthetic with minimal added production cost to create a stylish contemporary handout that is engaging and informative for the reader. 

The publication is successful in supporting the prints in adding further context to the set. It works well considering the distribution and the user within a commercial environmental as well as extended opportunities including commercial reproduction and the its application within an exhibition. The aesthetic is representative of my emerging style and works well to creatively articulate my investigation into Ben's practice, engagingly communicating this to an audience. 





No comments:

Post a Comment