Tuesday 1 March 2016

OUGD502 - Opportunity - Topman

OUGD502 - Opportunity - Topman

As previously documented earlier in the year (ORIGINAL BLOGPOST) I did some work for my retail job producing a back of house development board for the team. On the day I was assembling this the area manager was in for a store visit and took an interest in what  I was doing, Explaining that I'm on a graphic design course she told me that Topman do alot of their design in house and gave me the contact detailed for Emma Murphy, the studio manager. 

This was a great opportunity for me to get in contact with her coming through company channels as I felt more likely to get a response if personally recommended. I connected with Emma on linked in although never received a response to my initial message. Following up from this I remained persistent going back to my store manager to ask for an email address which eventually got a response. 

She told me she'd be happy to catch up with me, especially if it came from Claire (area manager) I eagerly replied to this suggested the potential of a studio visit however was greeted with an automated response saying she was on a location shoot and would reply when she gets back in the UK. Unfortunately I have not heard anything back as yet however will continue to be persistent as I feel this is a great opportunity to find out more about in-house design and its role within a global company such as topman. 





No comments:

Post a Comment