Wednesday 17 February 2016

OUGD502: Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report: Studio Research - Bibliotheque

OUGD502 Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report

Studio Research - Bibliotheque

I began my studio research focusing on my favourite design studio Bibliotheque, based in London. Their style is quite classic and refined with contemporary aspects that bring their designs to life. I realised there was a smile chance I would be able to conduct my interview with them due to their schedule and small number of employees however wanted to try anyway as it would be a great opportunity if they responded. I began by researching the studio and found the managing director Jonathon Jeffrey on Linked in however he did not accept my indication. Going down a slightly different route I found an alumni from the graphic design course at Leeds college of art that had previously worked at Bibliotheque. Tim Wan now a freelance designer accepted my request which gave me access to privately message him. 

Unfortunately Tim never took the job at Bibliotheque so had no contact information to pass on leaving me with no choice but to contact the studio via their generic email address. Tim was really friendly asking me about the course and when he offered further help I asked him for advice about similar design studios that he could tell me about. He responded with a great selection of studios that raged in size and prestige. This was a fantastic insight that allowed me to identify a range of studios that I had never heard of before and found a great deal of inspiration looking through this collection of work by that range of studios. Tim was a great help although he could not refer me to my first choice provided me with a number of studios that I now know about and admire the work of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment