Wednesday 17 February 2016

OUGD502: Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report: Research - Ben Biondo

OUGD502 Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report

Research - Ben Biondo


Having no significant luck with contacting studios I decided to shift my focus again to freelance designers, I was initially hesitant to do this as I wanted to create connections within the industry that could potentially lead to employment opportunities however have never considered freelance work and this could give a critical insight to this side of the industry. 

My first thought was a freelancer from California called Ben Biondo. I initially stumbled across his work at the start of the year through social media and loved his style. By extension I found his website which allowed me to see his full portfolio. I liked the vast range within his practice from the dramatic photography in the overgrowth campaign and the illustrative elements within the 'a few plants' series. Most of all I was attracted to his logo work and 'small things' series which to me showed pure creativity and the fun to be had within design. Mixing a range of styles, aesthetics and formats as pure experimentation. The use of pastels appealed to me and the typographic experimentation was refined yet playful. 
http://benbiondo.com


Interested in Bens style and attitudes towards design I sent him an email explaining the brief in the hope he would reply being a freelancer meant the email would go directly to him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment