Wednesday 17 February 2016

OUGD502: Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report: Studio Research - Further Studio Research

OUGD502 Studio Brief 1 - Creative Report

Studio Research - Further Studio Research

From the list of studios Tim Wan provided me through a linked in conversation I identified a number of studios that I admire in terms of their ethos and portfolio of work. The studios that most inspired me from this list were Bunch, Hingston Studio and Moving Brands, I did some follow up research before contacting these studios which would help educate me and ensure there were no slip ups on my behalf if the studios do respond. 

Bunch: 
Bunch is a multidisciplinary design studio with bases in London and Zagreb, I discovered it was founded by Denis Kovac in 2005, which gives me a name to try and contact/connect with. I really like style of work bunch produces opting for a blend of bold type and block colour in a range of their work, which is a style I seem to be developing more and more within my own practice. I could see myself working at a studio such as bunch as I feel my style would lend itself well to their portfolio, they also offer internships which is a bonus and something I can keep an eye on. 



Kingston Studio: 
There was little background research about Hingston Studio other than it was founded in 1997 by Tom Hingston and describes itself as an Independent creative agency. They have developed a very impressive client list for a small independent studio such as Absolut Vodka, Alexander Mcqueen and Virgin records. I was particularly attracted to the design and print section of there website as this work was bold creative and innovative much as their wallpaper magazine covers handmade using paper cut outs. 


Moving Brands: 
Moving Brands are independent, global creative company who work with established and emerging businesses to design and transform their brands and experiences to thrive in the moving world. They were founded in 1998 and have opened studios internationally in London, Zurich, San Fransisco and New York collecting a hoast of awards in their time including D&AD, European Design Award and New York Film Festival. I loved the branding work they produce especially the Grosmunster identity, They resolved the brief in a contemporary aesthetic whilst remaining clever and sympathetic to its origins and heritage. 



Of these Studios only Denis Kovac of Bunch accepted my invitation on Linked in however did not reply to my initial hello message. However I will consider this a defeat as he is in my network for further opportunities including the internships the studio provides. I will continue researching studios taking my focus out of London however am glad Tim pointed me in this direction as I know have a more comprehensive insight into the industry and have learnt about more great studios that may present opportunities for me within my profession career. 


No comments:

Post a Comment