Saturday 28 February 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: Colour palette

Colour palette

I wanted to keep to a minimal colour palette as I didn't feel one colour consistently represent me.  I chose a montone colour palette  of black and white as  I felt I could make this look sophisticated and modern through the fine details of my typographic choices and effective imagery.  Was inspired my the Artvvork branding that I analysed as part of my research, I liked how their stripped back colour palette created a contemporary aesthetic that did not restrict the design, It really allowed for the content to shine through on their collateral such as website and mobile app which I feel could work well for me as this would ensure that my branding does not contrast with my portfolio. If required a more diverse colour palette I would incorporate a Pantone ‘Dark Blue C’ into the my colour palette taken from my display logo, I feel this would add subtle bursts of colour and will keep an audience engaged.

Inspiration from the contemporary minimalism of 'Artvvork'


I trailed purple as well but felt that in some instances it gave slightly email connotations. This informed my decision to choose the a royal blue as from further research found that: The blue colour communicates significance, importance, and confidence without creating somber or sinister feelings. This is where the corporate blue power suit and the blue uniforms of police officers and firefighter came from. Considered a highly corporate colour, blue is often associated with intelligence, stability, unity, and conservatism.Different shades, tints, and hues of blue have different meanings. For example, dark blue can be seen as elegant, rich, sophisticated, intelligent, and old-fashioned, royal blue can represent superiority, and light blue can mean honesty and trustworthiness. (Bourncreative). I feel this represents the aesthetic I want my self branding to have and small burst of this bold colour could work well to tie my whole identity together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment