Tuesday 17 February 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: Inspiration

Inspiration

Following the discussion with module leader in my interim critique I decided to revert back to my mind map to look for new directions in which I could take my personal branding. I felt that because I had thoroughly documented a range of my design interests in one place, I could easily analyse different aspects of their design and find a way to incorporate them into my self branding as it would reflect me and my interests. 



I looked more closely at the flower of life as this is the type of design that I really appreciate, it is simple symmetrical well thought out and aesthetically pleasing, I find the whole design very satisfying to look at and find it's structure intriguing, as it uses the simplicity of a circle to create an sophisticated design that has become timeless. I wanted to implement the basis behind the design into my self branding as it reflects the type of design I find aesthetically engaging. 

When working in the second year studio I was attracted to the vinyl decals on their windows particularly the 'collaborative space' symbol as it was simply two interlocking circles. I liked the simplicity of this design and noticed that it would fit in well with my inspiration from the flower of life as it is made up of similarly interlocking circles. I felt the second year studio reflects my development as it where I aspire to be moving forward through the course and improving my work to a higher standard such as the current second years. I felt I could develop this into a sophisticated design concept as it has a strong concept of my personal interest and reflects my ongoing development. I will develop some initial ideas from this concept as conduct an informal critique to see if people thing the design would work and if it reflects my practise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment