Sunday 1 February 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: Research - Mind Map

Research -  Mind Map 


As a further research task I created a mind map documenting my visual interests. I gathered a range of imagery of things I found engaging and aesthetically pleasing. There is a range of sources and styles from brands which I like from a consumer perspecitive and designer perspective patterns I like, interior design and a range of typefaces I want to experiment with during my development, below highlights some of the reasons behind the imagery within the mind map. 


I included the Ampersand Hotel within my mind map as it represents my love for conceptual design. The hotel is based strongly around the concept of the ampersand with each room creatively combining two aspects for a unique experience for example the 'Fish&Chips" suite. This is consistent across all all its collateral with its door mat reading 'Welcome & Hello' and the wake up call named 'Rise & Shine'. All these little details create a rememberable concept that is simple by its nature but extremely well executed.



I featured the flower of life within my mood board as I admire the intricate nature of the design, the combination of circles creates a visually stimulating and engaging pattern that I think has a great aesthetic. It also represents my taste for natural products. I like to eat naturally where possible and the flower of life represents this in a way I feel could be incorporated into my design. 


I included the Hotel Chocolat logo within the mid map as I like how the brand has market itself from the collateral to the feel within the store. I also like the logo from a design perspective as I feel it simple and contemporary with its monotone colour scheme bold square design and simple sans-serif typeface yet adds presently with its hand-rendered 'chocolat' making the identity unique and rememberable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment