Tuesday 10 February 2015

Studio Brief 1 - Reflective Practise: Student Ambassador

Student Ambassador

I was given the chance to apply to represent my course and the university as a student ambassador. I applied for the vacancy had a formal interview and got the job. The interview really got my to reflect on my UCAS application process which I found particularly difficult due because I ultimately had the change to move away from home and start a new life in any city that I wanted. I thought hard about my decision and intimately chose Leeds College of Art for its small cohort and close knit community. I also really loved Leeds as a city which made me more content with my final decision. As I looked at a range of universities I wanted to ask lots of question but found that sometimes the ambassadors/tour guides weren't that helpful, this is one of the main reasons I wanted to become a student ambassador to ensure I can give useful advice to prospective students. 

I feel being a student ambassador has also helped me greatly with this PPP module as it is a great form of networking. I have gained a range of new contacts that could potentially help me in the future from Level 5 Graphic students who I worked very closely with, to ambassadors from other courses such as Fine Art and Fashion students that I have become friendly. This could be beneficial for me as if I needed to collaborate across programmes I have already got a range of connections across the variety of degree programmes which could facilitate this. I have also met a vast range of prospective students and took the time to talk to them individually during the interview process, this could come in useful as even if they do not study at Leeds College of Art I have made a first introduction to other students that will ultimately be practising within the same discipline so there is potential to communicate with them in the future. 

I have enjoyed being a student ambassador as it has given me a better knowledge of the college through taking tours to areas I wouldn't typically visit. I have also made a range of new connections across the range of degree programmes within university which I am sure to take advantage of in the future. It has also reassured me that I made the right decision as to which university I chose to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment