Sunday 15 March 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: Social Media

Social Media

During my interim critique with the module leader John we talked about the importance of a digital presence particularly Linked In and Behance as these platforms are directs toward creatives. John strongly urged me to create these profiles as a way to promote myself as he told me its a great way for students to get in touch with companies regarding placements. I created a Linked In profile and Bechance page to push my online presence. I managed to reconnect with previous employers through Linked In which is great incase I ever wanted to pursue some more experience with their company. I created a Bechance profile as a platform to share my online portfolio, I felt this was the most appropriate format as being a student with high workload didn't feel it would be feasible to produce and keep up to date a live website. 

I have included the same summaries, pictures and usernames for both profiles so that it is easier to find me, I think this will help me to be more accessible to potential clients/employers. I will ensure my profiles are always up to date with work, contact information and experience to show that I am an active practitioner. As well as these forms of online presence I have also used my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to become more visible following, retweeting and asking questions to notable studio and designers to put my ideas out there and be recognised. I think if I am consistently engaging with the industry I will have a better understanding of graphic design and wider creative disciplines. 


Linked In Profile

Behance Profile


Interacting with designers via social media

No comments:

Post a Comment