Saturday 28 January 2017

OUGD602: Dissertation - Primary Research / Industry Contact

Within my dissertation it was appropriate to gather a range of case studies from primary sources, this implemented a range of primary research into my dissertation while engaging with the industry to ensure the research I collated was relevant and important to holistically understand my subject. Contacting a number of studios who worked with the Ketel one brand discussed within my dissertation I heard back from Love Studio, based in Manchester and View Creative, based in London. Working with Matt and Dan they provided an insight as to how their work impacted the consumer brand relationship between Ketel One and its core consumer. 

This research informed a full chapter of my dissertation and beyond this allowed be to create connections within the industry that I can the utilise later in the year when looking for placements, studio visits or beyond university for job applications and networking. I was surprised how much chasing I had to do in order to get them to respond to my questions however their work load meant I was often pushed to the side. I initially struggled with this in planning my time however ended u setting deadlines for them to work to which fortunately they were able to meet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment