Saturday 10 January 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: Introduction

Introduction

Brief:
Design, develop and produce self branding that effectively communicates and promotes you as an individual, designer and learner. To inform your design decisions you should reflect upon your learning aspirations and design direction. You should aim to communicate the context of your interests by referencing specific designers, studios, principles and audiences where necessary.

You should use this brief as an opportunity to explore, develop and demonstrate content, processes and areas of design that interest you at this point in time and may indicate your emerging creative concerns in Graphic Design.

Interpretation of the Brief: 
My initial interpretation of the brief was that I felt it would be difficult to create a personal branding strategy that I feel reflects me. I feel I am notoriously indecisive and don't like to pigeon hole myself into one particular direction this is my I feel it will be difficult for me to create a branding strategy that is direct yet not limited. I think this brief is an essential part of my development as it forces me to look more closely at how I want to perceive myself and what type of designer I want to be.  There is increasing need for a branding identity for myself as I start emerging into the real life industry through live briefs and looking for placements. 

Research Plan: 
I will start this brief by firstly researching a range of pre-existing business cards from primary and secondary sources as I feel the brand identity is encompassed within a business card as they typically show the logo, type choices colour schemes and highlight the design directions of the company. I will conduct research into what makes a good brand identity and how I can incorporate these essential aspects into my own resolutions. I will look at a range of studios that I like and analyse their branding and also branding work they have doe for clients to understand if there are generic conventions throughout these design that appeal to me aesthetically. Finally I will look closely at myself and determine what I want to represent, I will ask friends and family to give their opinions to get objective answers which I can then develop into initial ideas, from this  I can create a range of initial ideas that I develop into a successful resolution to the brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment