Wednesday 22 April 2015

Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding: OUGD402 END OF MODULE EVALUATION

OUGD402 - Module Evaluation


Looking at this module in retrospect I feel I have learn a great deal about how the industry functions and how  I can start to emerge into it. I feel this module relied more heavily on the experiemental process of understanding myself as a designer and communicating this effectively.  I have clearly documented my methodology throught the course of this module. I feel the quality of my outcome in this module is of a  extremely high quality due to the depth of my investigation research and timescale I was given to produce my resolution. 

Brief one allowed me to investigate itno the industry learning about local, nationa and international studios to give me a broder knowledge of practising studios, this has also inspired my practise over the course of the year as I have taken inspirations from these studios and applied it into my own practise. This brief has allowed me to engage more with the industry than I typically would have, I have visited a range of galleries, print fairs and talks with industry leading designers to raise my awareness of whats currentyl happeing within the industry. I have reflected on how I have deleoped throughout the year through ongoing evaluations of my modules to highlight my progression throughout the course thus far

Brief 2 I initially found challenging as the I was the client for the brief developing my own identity that would be the first point of contact with clients and potential employers.  I wanted this identity to represent me and my practise yet still be professional and engaging. I have learnt how to develop a concept and the importance of applying this to all aspects of the design to create a continuity between my resolutions. I used research and feedback from students and tutors to inform y design decisions to create a sucessfull resolution to the brief. I feel my outcome is representive of me as an individual and reflects my practise well. I feel I have created a strong concept and look forward to developign this into level 5 and 6 of the course, as my personal branding will be ever evolving with my practise as I learn new skills and develop as a designer. 


Overall I am happy with my progress through the module and my development throughout the year. I feel I have learnt an abundance of new essential skills that will be invaluable  when developing throughout the course and into an industry practise. I feel I have a much better understanding of the design process as a result of this module and think I have worked more independantly through the course of this module, managing my time according and organising my own bookings, inductions etc. Due to the extended nautre of the module I have had chance to enjoy the design process without it feeling rushed meaning I can extensively collate research and develop my designs to the highest possible quiality. I feel this module has given me more independance when designing and allowed me to think about myself as a designer and how I want to present myself to clients and employers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment